Monday, May 9, 2011

Issue #5: Reiteration: Thor plus Other Mortal Matters

So I got to see the new Thor movie on Sunday, and I must say that I was very surprised. With every superhero movie, I end up enjoying myself watching the tales of action and such. But I still find that my nerdy, critical mind fills up with inaccuracies and complaints about the movie that don't really pick out the flaws, but the minor touches made to make a better movie as opposed to a frame for frame remake of the comic books.

However, with the movie Thor, I found that these matters meant little to me. Sure Jane Foster wasn't a nurse in love with his cripple-doctor counterpart. Sure the cripple-doctor wasn't even present. Sure a certain character of a certain racial background was of another racial background. But none of it phased me. I think I might finally understand that movies exist within their own universes and that bickering about the problems of transition do nothing to improve the film.

All in all, I loved the Thor movie and I cannot wait to see how the Avenger's story unfolds. On another note: Kat Dennings's character was downright stupid.

Question to the readers: What do you think of Hero films? (Either in general or about specific ones)

14 comments:

  1. Hero films (and games) are a dying breed. At the turn of the millennium, it started with Spiderman. It's continued with other marvel hits (Ironman) and flops (The Hulk movies). I haven't seen Thor yet to see if the downward spiral is continuing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have very high hopes for Thor, I'll be seeing it soon, I hope it lives up to it's potential.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i liek epic hero films especially if they got superpowers

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a great film, everybody: You will most likely enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hope its in the cinema sooon! check out myy blog at pro diet

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm gonna watch it tomorrow i think :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. why is everybody hyping around this video man i dont even want to watch it

    ReplyDelete
  9. man, i'd hate to see what you thought of the Spider man movies. If those little differnces made you unhappy with thor

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't seen it yet! I want to... And Superhero movies can go either way. They're usually decent because they always have big budgets, but some like Elektra and Ghost Riders were total busts. XMen are the best and I can't wait til The Avengers comes out.

    ReplyDelete